Mondays: 215-word Apologies for Ridiculous Situations Tuesdays: 215-word Excuses to Use for . . . Wednesdays: Random Challenges Thursdays: 215-word Survival Instructions for Improbable Crises Fridays: 215-word Fake Wikipedia Explanations of . . .

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

215-word Excuses to Use for - Speeding

You see, Officer, I know I was speeding and all but can you blame me? I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome and for me, when nature calls like this I have only a few minutes tops to get to a toilet. You don’t want to see or smell what will happen if you don’t let me go really quick, I promise you that!

On top of that, I have an itch in the middle of my back that I just can’t seem to reach. Between the distraction of wiggling to get the itch and clenching to hold onto my dignity I must have also stomped on the accelerator.

And then I heard your siren but I wasn’t sure if it was behind me or ahead or on a cross street because the itch and my aching bowels had me a little disoriented. I thought I better get to a safe place and not get in the way of emergency vehicles. I mean, what if it had been an ambulance or a fire truck!

But none of those compared with the blindness. I’m blind. I couldn’t read the speedometer. You wouldn’t arrest a blind man just because he couldn’t see the speedometer, would you? You’re not a hate-monger, are you? Can I go to the bathroom now?



Now it's your turn to write an excuse to use for SPEEDING . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment