Mondays: 215-word Apologies for Ridiculous Situations Tuesdays: 215-word Excuses to Use for . . . Wednesdays: Random Challenges Thursdays: 215-word Survival Instructions for Improbable Crises Fridays: 215-word Fake Wikipedia Explanations of . . .

Monday, October 11, 2010

215-word Apology - "Sorry I stepped on your cat's tail during the murder-mystery party."

While playing the part of Jimmy, former-prom king-turned politician, at your murder-mystery dinner party I accidentally stepped on your cat, Ms. Princess’, tail. I am deeply sorry for this. I too had a cat that was more a family member than pet until it accidently died by BB gun.

Somehow, in my enthusiasm to create a believable possible fake murder suspect in the game I lost all sense of my surroundings. My kitty-senses were dulled, perhaps by the yak-urine smelling dinner jacket costume you provided. I did not see Ms. Princess strutting through the room in her sweater and unwittingly stepped on her tail. It is by the grace of God that I somehow kept from transferring my whole weight onto her tail. Thank goodness! Who knows the damage that would have happened! With a damaged tail, her equilibrium would have been ruined for life. She would never have been able to lounge in a windowsill again!

The sassy jig I danced afterwards was not meant to hurt the kitty’s tender feelings. Neither was my pantomimed mooning of the cat. Thankfully you were able to put the party on hold while you comforted Ms. Princess.

I am so sorry and understand if you want to exclude me from murder-mystery parties forever.



Now it's your turn to write a fake apology for STEPPING ON YOUR CAT'S TAIL DURING THE MURDER MYSTERY PARTY . . .

2 comments:

  1. Dear Aunt Eleanora,

    Your murder-mystery party last night was delightful -- Mr. Brown in the gazebo with the knitting needles, who'd ever have thought it? I did not mind at all your casting me in the role of the scullery maid; indeed, scrubbing the floor while the other guests were dancing gave me a unique new understanding of the situation.

    I do, however, have a confession to make. It was I who stepped on poor Colonel Cuddlekins' tail. Somehow between serving the drinks and cleaning up the empty dishes, I neglected to be as careful as I should of your precious little companion as he so sweetly wound his way around and around and around my feet. I am deeply sorrowful that he was caused such discomfort, which caused him to jump so high into the air and land right on Lord Merriweather's head. I honestly had no idea His Lordship wore a toupee. Or that the ill-fated hairpiece would land so neatly in the punch bowl.

    I do hope this won't affect the contents of your will.

    Sincerely,
    Your Devoted Niece

    ReplyDelete